Safe performance in a stressful situation
Emergency units are often large open-plan spaces. There are often many people: nurses, doctors, patients and patients’ family. In addition to this, the emergency unit is in close proximity to the ambulance entrance, surgery department and emergency radiology.
Escalating sound levels are very common and studies show that most medical errors in emergency units can be traced back to communication shortcomings.
- Providing privacy
- Reducing trauma and stress for patients
- Improving communication between staff
- Reducing sound levels and sound propagation
- Use a sound-absorbing ceiling with good absorption qualities and efficiency in reducing sound propagation
- Apply wall absorbers wherever possible to futher reduce sound levels
- Use sound-insulating and absorbing screens to improve local privacy
Recommended products for emergency units