A new home away from home
A personal living space within elderly care should feel safe, private and comfortable. To ensure this, it is important to reduce the impact of noise. Echoes need to be eliminated to ensure that conversations can be done in a regular tone of voice.
As with any type of space regarding elderly care, it is important to consider that people often have hearing disabilities. Noise and hearing difficulties are known to cause anxiety, stress and withdrawal from social activities.
- Reducing reverberating echoes
- Ensuring privacy
- Minimising the impact of sound created within the space
- Keeping sound from adjoining rooms and corridors out of the living space
- A sound-absorbing ceiling in the space
- Sound insulation between rooms and to the corridor
Recommended products for living spaces within elderly care