When the highest quality of care is critical
There are many specialist areas within a hospital that require both acoustic and hygienic considerations, such as operating theatres (OR), intensive care units (ICU), maternity wards, and laboratories.
The environment in specialist areas can be quite stressful for both patients and staff. Staff needs to take decisions quickly, increasing the need for good communication. Noise from equipment not only disturbs patients; it also makes the staff’s job to detect and analyse alarms more demanding and leads to an increase in stress.
- To efficiently reduce the disturbance from equipment
- Keeping general sound levels low
- Improving communication between staff
- Use a high performance soundabsorbing ceiling with suitable hygienic properties, particle repellence and/or air tightness
- Apply wall absorbers to further reduce noise and improve speech clarity
Recommended products for specialist areas