Waiting in comfort
Waiting areas are often either dedicated larger rooms or smaller spaces located within a corridor or an open space. A lot of waiting rooms have a counter where people can speak to a nurse or administrative staff.
It is important to provide the people waiting with a relaxing, comfortable environment, which will help to reduce any anxiety. They and the staff should easily be able to have private conversations, without the risk of people overhearing.
- To absorb sound and prevent echoes
- To improve speech clarity
- To keep sound from spreading throughout the space
- Using a high performance sound-absorbing ceiling
- Use wall absorbers. If there is a counter, the wall absorbers should be placed on the walls close to the counter
- Place additional lowered sound absorbing free-hanging units directly above the counter to increase speech clarity and privacy
Recommended products for waiting areas