Educational spaces, such as lecture rooms and meeting spaces, are vital for knowledge transfer. It is very important that the lecturer’s voice comfortably reaches the whole audience without distortion while there should be a minimum of background and disturbing sounds.
- Improving speech clarity
- Improving listening comfort
- Improving speaker comfort
- Use a sound-absorbing ceiling with the best absorption qualities at all frequencies. To further improve listening comfort it is important to consider good performance at low frequencies (125 Hz)
- Wall absorbers on the back wall opposite the speaker to improve speech clarity by reducing echoes
- In larger lecture halls, a speech reflecting zone should be added to the ceiling to ensure that the lecturer’s voice carries to the back of the room
Recommended products for educational spaces