Often open plan nurse stations provide a specific working space for staff when they are not with patients. Often the first point of call for visitors to a ward and the place where staff assemble for meetings and handovers. In drug preparation spaces it is vital that staff can concentrate without interruption.
- Improving speech clarity to ensure clear conversation between staff and patients at the nursing station.
- Ensuring privacy by reducing sound propagation from areas where patient information is discussed.
- Ensuring clarity of speech where crucial information is discussed as e.g. drug dispensing.
- Type of stain: Dust and microbes.
- Cleaning frequency: Occasional.
- Type of cleaning: Dry cleaning, wet wiping and disinfection.
- Use sound absorbing ceilings to reduce sound level in area.
- Utilize wall absorbers to reduce sound propagation and increase clarity of speech.
|Ceiling solutions||Free-hanging units||Wall solutions|
|Hygiene Performance A||-||Akusto Wall A|
|Hygiene Meditec A||Akusto Wall C|
|Hygiene Meditec E||Hygiene Performance Care Wall|
|Hygiene Clinic A|
|Hygiene Clinic E|