Impact of noise in education - A research summary
Triukšmo lygis mokyklose dažnai yra pakankamai aukštas, kad neigiamai paveiktų mokinių ir mokytojų sveikatą bei gerovę. O akustika vaidina svarbų vaidmenį mažinant triukšmą. Bet kiek ir kokia apimtimi?
This summary explores current scientific evidence showing the impact the acoustic environment plays for students’ learning, behavior and cognition.
Importantly, it also considers how those with additional listening needs are affected.
In this summary you will discover the answers to these questions:
- How bad are noise levels in schools really?
- What are the risks of teaching in noisy environments for the health and wellbeing of our teachers?
- Does noise affect concentration and behavior in students?
- Can improving acoustics lead to better test scores and engagement in the classroom?
- How are children with special listening needs affected by the acoustic environment?
- What can we do to create more inclusive classrooms?