Good acoustics in informal meeting places will:
- support communication between meeting participants
- prevent speech from spreading in semi-open or open spaces
- make sure that speech will not disturb others
Wherever people meet, there will be informal meetings. In a typical office this is very common in canteens and breakout spaces. These spaces are often large and can have high soffits. There are often lots of people, noise from tableware and cutlery, and sounds from people talking or walking by.
- Keeping the overall sound level from escalating.
- Stopping sound from spreading.
- Use a highly sound-absorbing ceiling.
- Cover as much as possible of the walls with wall absorbers.
- Use sound absorbing screens near adjacent workspaces as dividers and to prevent sound propagation.
- If possible, make sure that these spaces are not placed too close too activities that demand concentration.
Sound level and sound propagation.
|Ceiling solutions||Wall solutions|
|Master||Akusto Wall A|
|Focus||Akusto Wall C|