At Ecophon, privacy is a serious matter and we are committed to protecting it.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), this policy explains when, why and how Ecophon, governed by this Regulation:
- collects personal data about individuals;
- uses this information;
- discloses this kind of data to others, when this is necessary and under certain conditions;
- keeps secure and confidential this personal data.
Latest policy update
This policy may evolve over time so please check the date on this page to make sure that you have the latest version.
Who we are
Ecophon (hereinafter “Ecophon”) is made up of several individual companies and/or ceilings-dedicated teams working within other companies of the Saint-Gobain Group (“Group”). Whenever dealing with one of these individual companies and/or with one of the other companies hosting the ceilings-dedicated teams of Ecophon (hereinafter “Entity”), the controller of your personal data will be the Entity that decides why and how your personal data is processed.
In this policy the terms ("we", "us", "our") refers to the particular Entity that is the controller of your personal data.
How and what personal information is collected
We may collect and process the following personal data:
Personal data you give to us: this is information about you that you give voluntarily to us:
- by entering information on one of our websites;
- when visiting a branch;
- via our mobile applications;
- via social media platforms;
- when corresponding with us in person, by phone, email or otherwise;
Example: this includes information provided at the time of registering to use our websites, subscribing to the services we provide through our websites, posting material or requesting further services, managing your account online (including accessing documentation and engaging in correspondence with us by phone, email or otherwise). We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our websites. If you complete any surveys requested for research purposes, we will collect information in such circumstances as well.
The information you give us may relate to your identification, such as your name, address, email address and phone number, or enquiry details, and may include records of any correspondence and responses to any surveys.
Personal data we collect about you: we may automatically collect the following information:
- your visits to our websites, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources you access;
- technical information, automatically collected, including anonymous data collected by the hosting server for statistical purposes, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. Please see cookies policy for further information;
- any personal data which you allow to be shared as part of your public profile or third party social media network;
Personal data we may receive from other sources: We obtain certain personal data about you from sources outside our business which may include our Group companies or other third party companies.
The remaining provisions of this policy also apply to any personal data we obtain from these sources.
Why and how we use your personal data
We process your personal data lawfully for:
- the purpose of handling communication and exchange of information with our websites users;
- the purpose of managing our customer/prospect relations; notably when processing your orders, responding to your requests or by regularly sending you news and information on our products, our brands or our initiatives that are of interest for you;
- any other specific purpose indicated at the time of collecting the information.
We may use and process your personal data principally:
- where you have provided freely given and explicit CONSENT and for specific, determined and legitimate purposes.
You may withdraw your consent for us to use your information by contacting us at any time.
- where it is necessary for us to pursue our LEGITIMATE INTERESTS as a business, provided that your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms are not overriding, taking into consideration your reasonable expectations, based on your relationship with us.
For example, for the following purposes:
- direct marketing activities (other than where we rely on your consent) as analysis to inform our marketing strategy, and to enhance and personalize your user experience;
- assess and improve our service to customers through recordings of any calls with our contact centers;
- detection, prevention and mitigation of fraudulent or other illegal activities;
- network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorized access.
- where it is necessary for us to COMPLY WITH A LEGAL OBLIGATION and notably:
- to assist a public authority or criminal investigation body;
- to identify you when you contact us under certain legal circumstances;
- to verify the accuracy of data we hold about you.
- where it is required for the PERFORMANCE OF A CONTRACT we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract. This will include information that we process in order to manage your account, make deliveries, answer your queries and manage warranty claims.
Who may receive or have access to your personal data
Ecophon and the other companies of the Group
We may share your information with other companies within the Group for internal administrative purposes or for marketing purposes in connection with the products and/or services that complement their own range of products and/or services that might interest you.
We may also transmit your personal data when we redirect your request to our contacts within the Group who are able to handle your request (for example, to solve a problem you have reported to us).
Our suppliers and service providers
We may disclose your information to our third party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other organizations for the purposes of providing services to us or directly to you on our behalf.
Such third parties may include cloud service providers (such as hosting and email management) or advertising agencies, administrative services, credit reference agencies, credit/debit card payment processors, customer satisfaction surveys or other third parties who provide services to us and assist us in the operation of our business and website.
When we use third party service providers, we only disclose personal data that is necessary for them to provide their service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and confidential, and not to use it other than in accordance with our specific instructions.
Third parties who provide products and services to you through us
We work closely with various third parties to bring you a range of products and services which are complementary to those which we provide.
When you enquire about or purchase one or more of these products or services through us, the relevant third party may use your details to provide you with information and to carry out their obligations arising from any contracts you have entered into with them.
Other ways we may share your personal data
We may transfer your personal data:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share it in order to comply with any legal obligation, to detect or report a crime, to enforce or apply the terms of our contracts or to protect the rights, property or safety of our visitors and customers;
- when we restructure or sell our business or its assets or have a merger or re-organization;
- if you have consented to the disclosure.
However, we will always take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Where we store your personal data
Your information is stored either in our databases located within the European Union or in the databases of our service providers. Mainly because of the international dimension of the Ecophon Entities and the Group, and in order to optimize service quality, the information you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
In such cases, we will take the appropriate security and confidentiality measures to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy. These steps include imposing contractual obligations on the recipient of your personal data or ensuring that the recipients have subscribed to “international frameworks” that aim to ensure adequate protection.
How long we keep your personal data
We keep your personal data for no longer than necessary to achieve the purpose for which it is processed and to fulfil our obligations under applicable laws.
We do not retain personal data in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
What are your rights
Subject to applicable law and certain exemptions, restrictions or circumstances, you may have the right:
- To access your personal data;
- To correct, modify and update your personal data;
- To erase your personal data or restrict its processing;
- To withdraw your consent;
- To object to our use of your personal data for automated decisions made about you;
- To ask us to transfer your personal data in a structured data file to you or to another service provider if it is technically possible (data portability);
- To lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority and seek a judicial remedy.
If you would like further information in relation to your rights, or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. A reply will be provided to you within a reasonable delay, in accordance with the applicable regulations.
If you are concerned about the way we have processed or collected your personal data you have the right to complain to the competent authority for privacy protection.
You can find the contact information to the competent Data Protection Authority at https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
How we ensure security and confidentiality of your data
Our aim is to keep your data as safe and secure as possible at all times. Once we have received your personal data, we put in place reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational measures and controls to prevent as much as possible any accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, or unauthorized access.
How ”cookies” work
'Cookies' are small pieces of information sent to your device and stored on its hard drive to allow our site to recognize you when you visit.
If you wish to write to us, please write to Saint-Gobain Ecophon AB, Box 500, SE 265 03 Hyllinge, Sweden.