Good acoustics in waiting areas will:
- improve privacy of speech
- facilitate speech clarity between patient and staff
- make the waiting experience more comfortable
Waiting areas are often located within a corridor or an open space. A lot of waiting rooms have a counter where people can speak to a nurse or administrative staff.
Patients and the staff should easily be able to have private conversations, without the risk of people overhearing.
- Reducing noise levels.
- Improving speech clarity.
- Keeping sound from spreading throughout the space.
- Type of stain: Dust and microbes.
- Cleaning frequency: Occasional.
- Type of cleaning: Dry cleaning, wet wiping and disinfection.
- Use a sound-absorbing ceiling with high performance.
- Use wall absorbers. If there is a counter, the wall absorbers should be placed on the walls close to the counter.
- Add a sound absorbing free-hangingin the ceiling above the counter to increase speech clarity and privacy.
Recommended products for waiting areas
For best results, we recommend combining solutions from the list below. Please visit the corresponding product page specified in the table to identify what solution best fit your needs.
|Ceiling solutions||Free-hanging solutions||Wall solutions|
|Focus||Solo||Akusto Wall A|
|Hygiene Meditec A||Akusto Wall C|
|Hygiene Meditec E|
|Hygiene Clinic A|
|Hygiene Clinic E|
|Hygiene Performance A|