The typical canteen is a large open space with a high soffit. There are many conversations at the same time and constant noise from tableware and cutlery. Without proper sound absorption, sound will bounce off hard surfaces, creating echoes that will spread in all directions. This will cause sound levels to increase dramatically, resulting in a very stressful and uncomfortable environment.
- Preventing the sound level from escalating.
- Keeping sound from spreading in all directions and to adjacent areas.
- Use a highly sound-absorbing ceiling.
- Cover as much as possible of the walls with wall absorbers.
- Place canteens away from areas that are especially sensitive to intrusive noise.
|Product combination||Total acoustic performance||Impact resistance / Durability||Ceiling surface|
Wall: Akusto Wall
This recommendation is for this particular activity and space, based on a comparison between Ecophon products. The scale applied ranges from 1 to 5, where 5 is the highest score.